Saturday, April 26, 2008

Crazy Ella







We finally got Ella's 1 year old pictures back and I can't believe how big she looks! I mean she is such a skinny little thing, but she is just growing up. There are times when I get really excited about all of the new things that she is learning, but at the same time I'm sad she's growing up. She does things to make me laugh all of the time. Tonight at dinner she threw food off of her tray and before I even had a chance to do anything, she looked right at me and started shaking her finger saying, "no, no, no, no". I had to turn away so she didn't see me laughing. Everyday John and I say, "She is so smart!" Maybe all kids are like her, but we don't know any better since she is our first. She is getting so good at sign language and knows at least 20 signs. She is also working on her animal sounds, so far she can do: dog, bear, bird, cat, tiger, bee, duck, horse, monkey, lion, fish (mouth movements of course). Now when it comes to walking... that's a different story. She is such a chicken and will only take a few steps at a time, then she will just crawl the rest of the way. It is already hard to keep up with her (especially with my growing belly) so I can't imagine what it's going to be like when she is walking/running. I am so grateful that I have such a wonderful husband who loves to spend time with his little Ella. I don't know how many of you know this, but he works the graveyard shift at work and is home with Ella while I teach school. They are best buddies! He is one in a million!



5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh My Gosh kelli..Ella is BEAUTIFUL! She is soooo adorable! John better have a BIG gun when she get's bigger. I just LOVE those pictures! I think she actually looks a lot like you when you were little. Oh No, I think Briggs said he wanted to be "kissing cousins" after he saw these pictures!
-Auntie Erika

Anonymous said...

Ella is such a combo of the both of you. It is really cute. I love the pictures. You have a very beautiful family!

Traci, Skylar, Ashlyn &Treyden said...

Yeah! It took you a month to blog again-but your record is getting better i guess! Ella is so freakin cute! I love her so much. Your guys are all so cute! I can't wait to see the new babies! Those ultrasounds on the newest blog are adorable. IT sounds like you have a few spitfires just like your little Ella! Don't worry, I will come and help you. Love ya!

Marleen said...

What pretty pictures. She is getting so big. I love getting pictures of my girls. You will treasure these forever.

Andrea said...

Ella is so cute in this pictures and always is...